Virginia Beach LPN
Virginia Beach LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Virginia LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Virginia Beach LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #96 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #34 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $35,900
LPNs employed: 4,280
Top Cities in Virginia for LPNs: Richmond, Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach’s LPNs make up 25% of nurses in the city. The Virginia Beach LPN comfort score is -9 and ranks in the bottom of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Virginia Beach is much higher at 42.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Virginia Beach LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 34th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Virginia Beach LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Virginia State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach LPNs earn an average of $35,900 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 1.26% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Virginia Board of Nursing at www.dhp.virginia.gov/nursing/ with any questions concerning the city of Virginia Beach and the nursing profession.
In Virginia Beach, this school offers nursing classes and nursing degrees.
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration