AZ LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Arizona LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Arizona Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Arizona nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Arizona LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #3 of 51
Benefit of RN Rank: #38 of 51
Avg. LPN Salary: $35,750
LPNs employed: 10,180
Top Cities in Arizona for LPNs: Phoenix, Tucson
Arizona has a growing number of opportunities in the nursing field. Within the state, Licensed Practical Nurses make up 21% of the total nurses and the LPN comfort score is 105. This takes into account the average LPN salary, average state salary and cost of living. Arizona has the 3rd highest comfort score in the nation for LPNs. The Alabama RN comfort score is considerably higher at 141. This difference between the two illustrates that obtaining an RN degree is a good idea but that it isn’t necessary to live comfortably in the state. Arizona nursing schools and universities can provide more information that can help you pursue either degree. In Arizona, the city of Phoenix and its outlying suburbs or the Tucson area have the most prevalent number of potential educational institutions and job opportunities for an LPN.
Checklist to become an Arizona LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Arizona Board of Nursing ($85 fee) – Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPN Salaries in Arizona
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) in Arizona earn an average of $21.95/hr and a yearly income of $45,790. In Arizona, the Phoenix/Mesa/Scottsdale area provided employment for close to half of all the nurses in the state. An LPN can work in a variety of areas within the nursing field including nursing care facilities, hospitals or a physicians’ office. In Arizona, LPN’s who work in nursing care facilities earn, on average, the highest pay. When choosing a career path within the industry, salary is only one piece to consider. Many LPNs find a more rewarding career in a family office rather than a hospital, despite a lower salary. It is crucial to begin trying to figure out which area is the best fit for you as early as possible. Take advantage of all the offered nursing classes and programs as well as continue to educate yourself and research all the available options before deciding.
LPN Degree and Education in Arizona
In the state of Arizona, the practical nursing program is the quickest route to becoming a nurse. To earn a degree requires one year of courses as well as hands-on practice. After 6 months of education, students can take a test to become a Certified Nursing Assistant and begin working while finishing the program. CNA’s perform basic tasks like obtaining vital signs and performing personal care, this allows the student more hands on experience in the healthcare environment. You are required to obtain a CPR card, and pass the NCLEX-PN exam upon completion of the course. It is mandatory in Arizona to prove your citizenship. With any questions about nursing programs and specific requirements, contact the admissions office of your chosen college or school.
License Renewal for LPNs and RNs are provided online through the Arizona State Board of Nursing or through the mail. With renewal of a nursing license it is mandatory to complete certain requirements. Those who have graduated from a nursing program with a degree or who have obtained an advanced nursing degree, like LPN to RN, RN to BSN or masters to doctorate, within the past five years have completed the states requirements for renewal. Nurses who have practiced as a nurse for 960 hours in the past five years also have completed renewal requirements. If either of these instances have not been met, a nursing refresher course approved by the State Board completed within the past five years will fulfill all requirements. The refresher course is available on line by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
Arizona LPN Job Outlook
The nursing shortage in The United States is steadily increasing. There is a rising demand for new and more effective health procedures and life expectancy averages are continuing to climb. These issues will be reflected in the Arizona health industry and help to create an extremely strong job outlook for LPNs.
According to the Arizona Healthcare Workforce Data Center in 2008, Arizona needs to hire at least 50,000 registered nurses over the next nine years to meet state needs. The state has put pressure on its schools to open more programs and positions for nursing students. There are many registered nurse job openings all over Arizona in all fields of nursing. Arizona hospitals, home health companies and doctor offices are now offering flexible schedules, educational benefits, higher pay and other incentives to retain their staff and to recruit new nurses. Some hospitals are even offering sign on bonuses or student loan reimbursement up to certain maximums.
Arizona is a great place for LPN’s. The average salary and benefits rank the state as the third best in the nation for comfort. Overall, the future for Arizona nursing looks very bright. A career as an LPN in this state can provide opportunities and security.
The Arizona State Board of Nursing Website is www.azbn.gov/
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!