GA LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Georgia LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Georgia Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Georgia nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Georgia LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #28 of 51
Benefit of RN Rank: #2 of 51
Avg. LPN Salary: $35,860
LPNs employed: 25,110
Top Cities in Georgia for LPNs: Atlanta, Augusta
Georgia has a growing number of opportunities in the nursing field. Within the state, LPNs make up 28 % of nurses in the state. The Georgia LPN comfort score is 74. This takes into account the average LPN salary, average state salary and cost of living. The Georgia RN comfort score is considerably higher at 136. This state is ranked 2nd in the nation in the comfort difference in carrying an RN degree over an LPN degree. In this instance it would be advisable to continue your education and obtain an RN degree in Georgia. Georgia nursing schools and universities can provide more information that can help you pursue either degree. The cities of Atlanta and Augusta will have the most prevalent number of potential educational institutions and job opportunities for an LPN.
Checklist to become a Georgia LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Georgia Board of Nursing ($85 fee) – Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPN Salaries in Georgia
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) in Georgia earn an average of $17.39/hr and a yearly income of $35,860. An LPN can work in a variety of areas within the nursing field including nursing care facilities, hospitals or a physicians’ office. When choosing a career path within the industry, salary is only one piece to consider. It is advisable for LPNs to look towards home health care agencies and long-term care facilities are the fastest growing potential employers. The LPN with several years of experience and those with certifications in geriatric health are going to be in higher demand. Many LPNs find a more rewarding career in a family office rather than a hospital, despite a lower salary. It is crucial to begin trying to figure out which area is the best fit for you as early as possible. Take advantage of all the offered nursing classes and programs as well as continue to educate yourself and research all the available options before deciding.
LPN Degree and Education in Georgia
In the state of Georgia, the practical nursing program is the quickest route to becoming a nurse. To earn a degree requires one year of courses as well as hands-on practice. You are required to obtain a CPR card, and pass the NCLEX-PN exam upon completion of the course. Registered nurses with at least a bachelor’s degree will have better job prospects than those without. In addition, all advanced practice specialties – clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, midwives, and anesthetists – are and will remain in high demand, particularly in medically underserved areas such as inner cities and rural areas. Regardless of what training program you chose, there is always the ability to advance your degree with bridge programs. With any questions about nursing programs and specific requirements, contact the admissions office of your chosen college or school.
All Georgia-licensed RNs and LPNs are in a twenty-four month renewal cycle but are not required to complete any continuing education requirements.
Georgia LPN Job Outlook
The nursing shortage in The United States is steadily increasing. There is a rising demand for new and more effective health procedures and life expectancy averages are continuing to climb. These issues will be reflected in the Georgia health industry and help to create an extremely strong job outlook for LPNs. Georgia hospitals, home health companies and doctor offices are now offering flexible schedules, educational benefits, higher pay and other incentives to retain their staff and to recruit new nurses. Some hospitals are even offering sign on bonuses or student loan reimbursement up to certain maximums.
The comfort score of 74 for an LPN in Georgia falls at 28th in the nation. However, the RN comfort score of 136 for an RN in Georgia ranks 10th in the nation. It is always advisable to continue working towards an RN degree but these numbers suggest it is highly worth the investment. Overall, the future for Georgia nursing looks very bright. A career as an LPN in this state can provide opportunities and security.
The Georgia State Board of Nursing Website is www.sos.state.ga.us/plb/rn
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Nursing
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Prepare for a Health Care Career with an Online Degree from Keiser University. Get Started Today!
- Keiser University has a variety of degree programs in the health care field including Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Health Science and more!
- From Medical Assisting to Health Science to Health Services Administration, Keiser can help you get started in the health care industry.
- Keiser University has 40 years of experience in helping students reach their personal and professional goals.
- We offer you the support and flexibility you need to fit education into your busy life with our one class at a time schedule
- Healthcare - Online - Associate Degree
- Healthcare - Online - Bachelor Degree
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!