GA LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Georgia LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Georgia Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Georgia nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Georgia LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #28 of 51
Benefit of RN Rank: #2 of 51
Avg. LPN Salary: $35,860
LPNs employed: 25,110
Top Cities in Georgia for LPNs: Atlanta, Augusta
Georgia has a growing number of opportunities in the nursing field. Within the state, LPNs make up 28 % of nurses in the state. The Georgia LPN comfort score is 74. This takes into account the average LPN salary, average state salary and cost of living. The Georgia RN comfort score is considerably higher at 136. This state is ranked 2nd in the nation in the comfort difference in carrying an RN degree over an LPN degree. In this instance it would be advisable to continue your education and obtain an RN degree in Georgia. Georgia nursing schools and universities can provide more information that can help you pursue either degree. The cities of Atlanta and Augusta will have the most prevalent number of potential educational institutions and job opportunities for an LPN.
Checklist to become a Georgia LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Georgia Board of Nursing ($85 fee) – Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPN Salaries in Georgia
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) in Georgia earn an average of $17.39/hr and a yearly income of $35,860. An LPN can work in a variety of areas within the nursing field including nursing care facilities, hospitals or a physicians’ office. When choosing a career path within the industry, salary is only one piece to consider. It is advisable for LPNs to look towards home health care agencies and long-term care facilities are the fastest growing potential employers. The LPN with several years of experience and those with certifications in geriatric health are going to be in higher demand. Many LPNs find a more rewarding career in a family office rather than a hospital, despite a lower salary. It is crucial to begin trying to figure out which area is the best fit for you as early as possible. Take advantage of all the offered nursing classes and programs as well as continue to educate yourself and research all the available options before deciding.
LPN Degree and Education in Georgia
In the state of Georgia, the practical nursing program is the quickest route to becoming a nurse. To earn a degree requires one year of courses as well as hands-on practice. You are required to obtain a CPR card, and pass the NCLEX-PN exam upon completion of the course. Registered nurses with at least a bachelor’s degree will have better job prospects than those without. In addition, all advanced practice specialties – clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, midwives, and anesthetists – are and will remain in high demand, particularly in medically underserved areas such as inner cities and rural areas. Regardless of what training program you chose, there is always the ability to advance your degree with bridge programs. With any questions about nursing programs and specific requirements, contact the admissions office of your chosen college or school.
All Georgia-licensed RNs and LPNs are in a twenty-four month renewal cycle but are not required to complete any continuing education requirements.
Georgia LPN Job Outlook
The nursing shortage in The United States is steadily increasing. There is a rising demand for new and more effective health procedures and life expectancy averages are continuing to climb. These issues will be reflected in the Georgia health industry and help to create an extremely strong job outlook for LPNs. Georgia hospitals, home health companies and doctor offices are now offering flexible schedules, educational benefits, higher pay and other incentives to retain their staff and to recruit new nurses. Some hospitals are even offering sign on bonuses or student loan reimbursement up to certain maximums.
The comfort score of 74 for an LPN in Georgia falls at 28th in the nation. However, the RN comfort score of 136 for an RN in Georgia ranks 10th in the nation. It is always advisable to continue working towards an RN degree but these numbers suggest it is highly worth the investment. Overall, the future for Georgia nursing looks very bright. A career as an LPN in this state can provide opportunities and security.
The Georgia State Board of Nursing Website is www.sos.state.ga.us/plb/rn
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- And more...
- Purdue University Global
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels.
- Accelerated BSN to MSN
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!