Austin LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Texas LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Austin LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #17 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #82 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $42,040
LPNs employed: 2,690
Top Cities in Texas for LPNs: El Paso, McAllen, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin
Austin’s LPNs make up 23% of nurses in the city. The Austin LPN comfort score is 57 and ranks in the top of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Austin is much higher at 90.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Austin LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 82nd best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Austin LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Texas State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Austin
Austin LPNs earn an average of $42,040 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 5.54% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Texas Board of Nursing at www.bon.texas.gov/ with any questions concerning the city of Austin and the nursing profession.
In Austin, this school offers nursing classes and nursing degrees.
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Certificate or degree programs offered in 12, 18 and 21-month tracks
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during social distancing period
- Learn to draw blood, ECGs, patient care and more
- Externship experience included
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant