Rhode Island LPN
RI LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Rhode Island LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
We will be interviewing Rhode Island nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Rhode Island LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #6 of 51
Benefit of RN Rank: #47 of 51
Avg. LPN Salary: $49,890
LPNs employed: 1,510
Top Cities in Rhode Island for LPNs: Providence
Rhode Island has a growing number of opportunities in the nursing field. Within the state, LPNs make up 11 % of nurses in the state. The Rhode Island LPN comfort score is 97. This takes into account the average LPN salary, average state salary and cost of living. This score ranks as 6th highest in the nation. The Rhode Island RN comfort score is even higher at 122. It is always advisable continue moving forward in one’s career and obtaining an RN degree and the scores indicate it would be a worthwhile investment. Rhode Island nursing schools and universities can provide more information that can help you pursue either degree. In Rhode Island the city of Providence will have the highest number of potential educational institutions and job opportunities for an LPN.
Checklist to become a Rhode Island LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Rhode Island Board of Nursing ($85 fee) – Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPN Salaries in Rhode Island
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) in Rhode Island earn an average of $24.04/hr and a yearly income of $50,010. Nurses working in metropolitan areas tend to earn higher salaries than in non-metropolitan parts of the state, although there is likely to be a relatively higher cost of living in those areas. An LPN can work in a variety of areas within the nursing field including nursing care facilities, hospitals or a physicians’ office. Nurses working in general medical and surgical hospitals typically earn more than those working in the offices of physicians. Also, nurses make more per hour when shifts are at night or during weekends and holidays. When choosing a career path within the industry, salary is only one piece to consider. Many LPNs find a more rewarding career in a family office rather than a hospital, despite a lower salary. It is crucial to begin trying to figure out which area is the best fit for you as early as possible. It is advisable for LPNs to look towards home health care agencies and long-term care facilities are the fastest growing potential employers. The LPN with several years of experience and those with certifications in geriatric health are going to be in higher demand. Take advantage of all the offered nursing classes and programs as well as continue to educate yourself and research all the available options before deciding.
LPN Degree and Education in Rhode Island
In the state of Rhode Island, the practical nursing program is the quickest route to becoming a nurse. To earn a degree requires one year of courses as well as hands-on practice. You are required to obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam upon completion of the LPN course. With any questions about nursing programs and specific requirements, contact the admissions office of your chosen college or school.
License renewal in Rhode Island is required every 2 years for both LPNs and RNs. Nurses are required to earn 10 continuing education hours each renewal period.
Rhode Island LPN Job Outlook
The nursing shortage in The United States is steadily increasing. There is a rising demand for new and more effective health procedures and life expectancy averages are continuing to climb. These issues will be reflected in the Rhode Island health industry and help to create an extremely strong job outlook for LPNs. The LPN profession is one of the top 50 Rhode Island occupations with the largest growth potential in the coming years. Rhode Island hospitals, home health companies and doctor offices are now offering flexible schedules, educational benefits, higher pay and other incentives to retain their staff and to recruit new nurses. Some hospitals are even offering sign on bonuses or student loan reimbursement up to certain maximums.
The Rhode Island LPN comfort score is 97 and ranks 6th in the nation. Obtaining an RN degree will increase the score to 122. It is always advisable to continue working towards an RN degree and these numbers suggest it is worth the investment to do so. A career as an LPN in this state can provide opportunities and security.
The Rhode Island State Board of Nursing Website is www.health.state.ri.us/hsr/professions/nurses.php
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Prepare for a Health Care Career with an Online Degree from Keiser University. Get Started Today!
- Keiser University has a variety of degree programs in the health care field including Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Health Science and more!
- From Medical Assisting to Health Science to Health Services Administration, Keiser can help you get started in the health care industry.
- Keiser University has 40 years of experience in helping students reach their personal and professional goals.
- We offer you the support and flexibility you need to fit education into your busy life with our one class at a time schedule
- Healthcare - Online - Associate Degree
- Healthcare - Online - Bachelor Degree
- Healthcare - Online - Master Degree
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!