Philadelphia LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Pennsylvania LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Philadelphia LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #38 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #86 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $48,290
LPNs employed: 15,730
Top Cities in Pennsylvania for LPNs: Pittsburgh, Scranton, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Allentown, Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s LPNs make up 27% of nurses in the city. The Philadelphia LPN comfort score is 43 and ranks in the middle of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Philadelphia is much higher at 78.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Philadelphia LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 86th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Philadelphia LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Philadelphia
Philadelphia LPNs earn an average of $48,290 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 0.55% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing with any questions concerning the city of Philadelphia and the nursing profession.
In Philadelphia, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
Frankford Hospital School of Nursing
4918 Penn Street
Philadelphia, PA 19124
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Patient Care Technician
- And more...
- Flexible online course options—choose between 6-week and 12-week courses.
- Benefit from our 24/7 tech support, Writing Center, Career Services Center, and more.
- Complete course projects in your own workplace and community.
- Walden's RN-BSN Completion Program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - BSN Track - Nurse Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - RN Track - Nurse Informatics
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
- Medical Assisting-Associates