Philadelphia LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Pennsylvania LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Philadelphia LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #38 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #86 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $48,290
LPNs employed: 15,730
Top Cities in Pennsylvania for LPNs: Pittsburgh, Scranton, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Allentown, Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s LPNs make up 27% of nurses in the city. The Philadelphia LPN comfort score is 43 and ranks in the middle of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Philadelphia is much higher at 78.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Philadelphia LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 86th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Philadelphia LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Philadelphia
Philadelphia LPNs earn an average of $48,290 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 0.55% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing with any questions concerning the city of Philadelphia and the nursing profession.
In Philadelphia, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
Frankford Hospital School of Nursing
4918 Penn Street
Philadelphia, PA 19124
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Patient Care Technician
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care
- And more...
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- MSN Leadership in Healthcare Systems
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.