Philadelphia LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Pennsylvania LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Philadelphia LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #38 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #86 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $48,290
LPNs employed: 15,730
Top Cities in Pennsylvania for LPNs: Pittsburgh, Scranton, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Allentown, Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s LPNs make up 27% of nurses in the city. The Philadelphia LPN comfort score is 43 and ranks in the middle of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Philadelphia is much higher at 78.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Philadelphia LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 86th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Philadelphia LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Philadelphia
Philadelphia LPNs earn an average of $48,290 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 0.55% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing with any questions concerning the city of Philadelphia and the nursing profession.
In Philadelphia, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
Frankford Hospital School of Nursing
4918 Penn Street
Philadelphia, PA 19124
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Technical Institute. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Nursing (Practical)
- Medical Assistant Technology
- Medical Assistant
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
- MSN - Education (BSN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (RN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (BSN Track)
- And more...
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited, and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs & dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid & more!
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting