Philadelphia LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Pennsylvania LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Philadelphia LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #38 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #86 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $48,290
LPNs employed: 15,730
Top Cities in Pennsylvania for LPNs: Pittsburgh, Scranton, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Allentown, Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s LPNs make up 27% of nurses in the city. The Philadelphia LPN comfort score is 43 and ranks in the middle of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Philadelphia is much higher at 78.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Philadelphia LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 86th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Philadelphia LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Philadelphia
Philadelphia LPNs earn an average of $48,290 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 0.55% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing with any questions concerning the city of Philadelphia and the nursing profession.
In Philadelphia, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
Frankford Hospital School of Nursing
4918 Penn Street
Philadelphia, PA 19124
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Technical Institute. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Nursing (Practical)
- Medical Assistant
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Business Programs and Education Programs in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Financial aid is available for students who quality, with more than $1,000,000 through 10 scholarships.
- Offers 24/7 student services, including financial aid help, course registration, and career counseling.
- Students may opt in for a two week, risk-free trial period.
- Active-duty military, veterans, and Veteran’s Administration employees can save 15% on tuition.
- MSN - Education (BSN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (RN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (BSN Track)
- And more...
- Partnerships with thousands of companies
- Alliances with many national industry associations
- Personalized career guidance
- Job market research tools to help you explore your career of interest
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Education
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Project Management
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Sustainability Management
- And more...
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited, and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs & dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid & more!
Make the change to a satisfying professional nursing career with a leading nursing education provider
For more than 50 years, the Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing at Gwynedd Mercy University has been a leader in superior nursing education. Our graduates go on to become leaders and innovators, offering excellent patient care and helping drive improvements that lead to better clinical outcomes.
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
American Sentinel University is focused on positioning you for success in your career today—and tomorrow.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Educational Leadership
- MS Nursing - Case Management
- MS Nursing - Infection Prevention and Control