Philadelphia LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Pennsylvania LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Philadelphia LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #38 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #86 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $48,290
LPNs employed: 15,730
Top Cities in Pennsylvania for LPNs: Pittsburgh, Scranton, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Allentown, Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s LPNs make up 27% of nurses in the city. The Philadelphia LPN comfort score is 43 and ranks in the middle of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Philadelphia is much higher at 78.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Philadelphia LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 86th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Philadelphia LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Philadelphia
Philadelphia LPNs earn an average of $48,290 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 0.55% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing with any questions concerning the city of Philadelphia and the nursing profession.
In Philadelphia, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
Frankford Hospital School of Nursing
4918 Penn Street
Philadelphia, PA 19124
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment.
- Medical Assistant - Associate
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences