ID LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Idaho LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Idaho Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Idaho nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Idaho LPN Stats:
Salary Rank: #xx
Comfort Score Rank: #22 of 51
Benefit of RN Rank: #22 of 51
Avg. LPN Salary: $37,770
LPNs employed: 2,920
Idaho has a growing number of opportunities in the nursing field. Within the state, LPNs make up 22 % of nurses in the state. The Idaho LPN comfort score is 79. This takes into account the average LPN salary, average state salary and cost of living. The Idaho RN comfort score is higher at 122. The difference between the two illustrates that obtaining an RN degree in this state is a nice increase in comfort but not large enough to be worth it to everyone. Idaho nursing schools and universities can provide more information that can help you pursue either degree. In Idaho, the city of Boise will have the most prevalent number of potential educational institutions and job opportunities for an LPN.
Checklist to become a Idaho LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Idaho Board of Nursing ($85 fee) – Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPN Salaries in Idaho
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) in Idaho earn an average of $18.20/hr and a yearly income of $37,770. Nurses working in metropolitan areas tend to earn higher salaries than in non-metropolitan parts of the state, although there is likely to be a relatively higher cost of living in those areas. An LPN can work in a variety of areas within the nursing field including nursing care facilities, hospitals or a physicians’ office. Nurses working in general medical and surgical hospitals typically earn more than those working in the offices of physicians. Also, nurses make more per hour when shifts are at night or during weekends and holidays. When choosing a career path within the industry, salary is only one piece to consider. Many LPNs find a more rewarding career in a family office rather than a hospital, despite a lower salary. It is advisable for LPNs to look towards home health care agencies and long-term care facilities are the fastest growing potential employers. The LPN with several years of experience and those with certifications in geriatric health are going to be in higher demand. It is crucial to begin trying to figure out which area is the best fit for you as early as possible. Take advantage of all the offered nursing classes and programs as well as continue to educate yourself and research all the available options before deciding.
LPN Degree and Education in Idaho
In the state of Idaho, the practical nursing program is the quickest route to becoming a nurse. To earn a degree requires one year of courses as well as hands-on practice. You are required to obtain a CPR card, and pass the NCLEX-PN exam upon completion of the LPN course. With any questions about nursing programs and specific requirements, contact the admissions office of your chosen college or school.
All Idaho-licensed RNs and LPNs are in a twenty-four month renewal cycle but are not required to complete any continuing education requirements
Idaho LPN Job Outlook
The nursing shortage in The United States is steadily increasing. There is a rising demand for new and more effective health procedures and life expectancy averages are continuing to climb. These issues will be reflected in the Idaho health industry and help to create an extremely strong job outlook for LPNs.
There are many nursing opportunities in all areas of Idaho. Idaho hospitals, home health companies and doctor offices are now offering flexible schedules, educational benefits, higher pay and other incentives to retain their staff and to recruit new nurses. Some hospitals are even offering sign on bonuses or student loan reimbursement up to certain maximums.
The comfort score of 79 indicates that an LPN in Idaho is fairly compensated for the job they perform. The state ranks in the middle as far as the national scores. Obtaining an RN degree will increase the score to 122 but the increase isn’t worth it to every individual. Overall, the future for Idaho nursing looks very bright. A career as an LPN in this state can provide opportunities and security.
The Idaho State Board of Nursing Website is www2.state.id.us/ibn/ibnhome.htm
At Denver College of Nursing, we believe good nurses are the future of quality healthcare. That’s why we strive to achieve excellence in healthcare education every day. We know our students can make a difference in others’ lives while in school by participating in SNA, community service, service –learning and GHP, as well as after graduation—and for years to come.
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Education from GCU's College of Education!
- Many emphases to choose from; Elementary Ed, Secondary Ed, Early Childhood Education & more!
- Flexibility – attend classes at our traditional Phoenix campus or online at the times and places that are most convenient.
- Designed to prepare you with the skills and experience you need to succeed in the classroom environment.
- Founded in 1949, GCU has a history of preparing students to become knowledgeable, caring, and skilled teachers.
- 60 of our College of Education graduates have gone on to become Teachers of the Year, will you be next?
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Forensic Psychology
- Medical Assisting
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management