Orlando LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Florida LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Orlando LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #53 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #79 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $38,780
LPNs employed: 4,830
Top Cities in Florida for LPNs: Orlando, Fort Meyers, Tampa Bay, Lakeland, Palm Bay, Jacksonville, Sarasota, Miami/Fort Lauderdale
Orlando’s LPNs make up 21% of nurses in the city. The Orlando LPN comfort score is 37 and ranks in the middle of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Orlando is a much higher at 72.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Orlando LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 79th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Orlando LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Florida State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Orlando
Orlando LPNs earn an average of $38,780 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 3.49% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Florida State Board of Nursing at www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/index.html with any questions concerning the city of Orlando and the nursing profession.
In Orlando, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences
795 Lake Estelle Drive
Orlando, FL 32803
University of Central Florida
PO Box 162210
Orlando, FL 32816-2210
Valencia Community College
1800 South Kirkman Road
Orlando, FL 32811
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- MSN Leadership in Healthcare Systems
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting (Diploma)
- Medical Assisting (Associates)
Our mission is to provide career focused education for the purpose of gaining entry-level employment and advancement opportunities which will empower college students to positively contribute to their communities.
- Medical Assistant - Associate
- Practical Nursing - Associate
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
At Denver College of Nursing, we believe good nurses are the future of quality healthcare. That’s why we strive to achieve excellence in healthcare education every day. We know our students can make a difference in others’ lives while in school by participating in SNA, community service, service –learning and GHP, as well as after graduation—and for years to come.
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing