Orlando LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Florida LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Orlando LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #53 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #79 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $38,780
LPNs employed: 4,830
Top Cities in Florida for LPNs: Orlando, Fort Meyers, Tampa Bay, Lakeland, Palm Bay, Jacksonville, Sarasota, Miami/Fort Lauderdale
Orlando’s LPNs make up 21% of nurses in the city. The Orlando LPN comfort score is 37 and ranks in the middle of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Orlando is a much higher at 72.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Orlando LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 79th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Orlando LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Florida State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Orlando
Orlando LPNs earn an average of $38,780 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 3.49% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Florida State Board of Nursing at www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/index.html with any questions concerning the city of Orlando and the nursing profession.
In Orlando, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences
795 Lake Estelle Drive
Orlando, FL 32803
University of Central Florida
PO Box 162210
Orlando, FL 32816-2210
Valencia Community College
1800 South Kirkman Road
Orlando, FL 32811
Keiser University offers accredited degree programs in today's in demand careers: Healthcare, Technology, Paralegal, Business, Nursing and Legal Studies.
- Nursing, BS (Online Only)
- Nursing, MS (Online Only)
- Nursing, AS
- And more...
- Accelerated Second Degree Nursing Program
Earn your degree online with Grand Canyon University. We offer approximately 100 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs that can be completed 100% online. Degree programs are available in the fields of education, nursing and health sciences, business, fine arts and production, and liberal arts.
- M.S. in Nursing: Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist with an Emphasis in Adult-Gerontology
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Clinical Nurse Specialist (Bridge)
- And more...
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Educational Leadership
- MS Nursing - Case Management
- MS Nursing - Infection Prevention and Control
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, research university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- And more...
Pursue your education with American College for Medical Careers. We offer degree and diploma programs in the allied health field at our campus in Orlando, Florida.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Start your career with an education from Medtech. We offer programs in medical assisting, medical billing and coding, medical lab technology, and nursing, plus several short-term career courses.
- Medical Assistant
Further your education at Rasmussen College.Choose from seven schools of study including programs in business, nursing, technology, and more. You could earn your bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and help advance your career through our AcceleratED program.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Health Sciences Associate's