McAllen LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Texas LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
McAllen LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #5 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #50 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $46,580
LPNs employed: 1,590
Top Cities in Texas for LPNs: El Paso, McAllen, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin
McAllen’s LPNs make up 28% of nurses in the city. The McAllen LPN comfort score is 86 and ranks in the top ten of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in McAllen is much higher at 132.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a McAllen LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 50th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a McAllen LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Texas State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card an d pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in McAllen
McAllen LPNs earn an average of $46,580 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 3.73% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Texas Board of Nursing at www.bon.texas.gov/ with any questions concerning the city of McAllen and the nursing profession.
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Offers several program options in healthcare and wellness, skilled trades, and business.
- Provides career assistance services including resume and cover letter writing, interview prep, and professional partnerships with regional employers for employment opportunities.
- Classes start every month.
- Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) for the San Antonio branch.
- 5 campuses in Brownsville, Corpus Christi, McAllen, San Antonio, and Weslaco.
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting