Houston LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Texas LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Houston LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #10 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #44 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $43,290
LPNs employed: 11,540
Top Cities in Texas for LPNs: El Paso, McAllen, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin
Houston’s LPNs make up 21% of nurses in the city. The Houston LPN comfort score is 70 and ranks in the top ten of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Houston is much higher at 123.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Houston LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 44th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Houston LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Texas State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Houston
Houston LPNs earn an average of $43,290 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 4.34% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Texas Board of Nursing at www.bon.texas.gov/ with any questions concerning the city of Houston and the nursing profession.
In Houston, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
North Harris/Montgomery Community College District
2700 W.W. Thorne Drive
Houston, TX 77073
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Certificate or degree programs offered in 12, 18 and 21-month tracks
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during social distancing period
- Learn to draw blood, ECGs, patient care and more
- Externship experience included
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AS in Medical Assisting
- AS in Medical Assisting with X-Ray Tech (Limited Scope)
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP