New Orleans LPN
New Orleans LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with New Orleans LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
New Orleans LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #91 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #40 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $41,470
LPNs employed: 4,740
Top Cities in Louisiana for LPNs: Baton Rouge, New Orleans
New Orleans LPNs make up 27% of nurses in the city. The New Orleans LPN comfort score is 2 and ranks in the bottom of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in New Orleans is a much higher at 50.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a New Orleans LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 40th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a New Orleans LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Louisiana State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in New Orleans
New Orleans LPNs earn an average of $41,470 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at -6.3% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Louisiana Board of Nursing at www.lsbn.state.la.us/ with any questions concerning the city of New Orleans and the nursing profession.
In New Orleans, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Medical Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assistant
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!