Chicago LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Illinois LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Chicago LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #79 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #67 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $44,410
LPNs employed: 15,010
Top Cities in Illinois for LPNs: Chicago
Chicago LPNs make up 15% of nurses in the city. The Chicago LPN comfort score is 16 and ranks near the top of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Chicago is a much higher at 58. Chicago is the only city that made our Top 100 in Illinois.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Chicago LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 67th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Chicago LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Illinois State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Chicago
Chicago LPNs earn an average of $44,410 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 1.47% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Illinois Board of Nursing at www.idfpr.com/dpr/who/nurs.asp with any questions concerning the city of Chicago and the nursing profession.
In Chicago, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
Currently NOT recommended: Ambria School of Nursing
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Enroll Today in One of Keiser University's Undergraduate or Graduate Health Care Programs! On Campus or Online options. Classes Starting Soon.
- Keiser University has a wide variety of hands-on degree programs in the health care field. Get started on your new career!
- From Medical Assisting to Sports Medicine to Biomedical Sciences, Keiser can help you get started in the health care industry.
- Keiser University has 40 years of experience in helping students reach their personal and professional goals.
- We offer you the support and flexibility you need to fit education into your busy life with our one class at a time schedule
- Health Care - Associate Degree
- Health Care - Bachelor Degree