Tampa LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Florida LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Tampa LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #25 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #41 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $41,700
LPNs employed: 7,690
Top Cities in Florida for LPNs: Orlando, Fort Meyers, Tampa Bay, Lakeland, Palm Bay, Jacksonville, Sarasota, Miami/Fort Lauderdale
Tampa’s LPNs make up 24% of nurses in the city. The Tampa LPN comfort score is 48 and ranks near the top of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Tampa is a much higher at 96.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Tampa LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 41st best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Tampa LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Florida State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Tampa
Tampa LPNs earn an average of $41,700 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 1.6% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Florida State Board of Nursing at www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/index.html with any questions concerning the city of Tampa and the nursing profession.
In Tampa, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting (Diploma)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.