Jacksonville LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Florida LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Jacksonville LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #35 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #55 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $40,140
LPNs employed: 2,790
Top Cities in Florida for LPNs: Orlando, Fort Meyers, Tampa Bay, Lakeland, Palm Bay, Jacksonville, Sarasota, Miami/Fort Lauderdale
Jacksonville’s LPNs make up 19% of nurses in the city. The Jacksonville LPN comfort score is 44 and ranks near the bottom of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Jacksonville is a much higher at 84.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Jacksonville LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 55th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Jacksonville LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Florida State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Jacksonville
Jacksonville LPNs earn an average of $40,140 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 3.32% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Florida State Board of Nursing at www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/index.html with any questions concerning the city of Jacksonville and the nursing profession.
In Jacksonville, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
Florida Community College at Jacksonville
4501 Capper Road North Campus C212
Jacksonville, FL 32218-4499
University of North Florida
4567 St Johns Bluff Road, South
Jacksonville, FL 32224-2673
University of Phoenix
8131 Baymeadows Circle West #101
Jacksonville, FL 32256
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Full-time RN and LPN to RN program options are available.
- Students have the opportunity to complete their clinical rotation at some of South Florida's premier healthcare facilities.
- Continually maintains programs according to industry needs by working closely with industry experts and employers.
- Provides well-equipped training facilities to give students the advantage of hands-on training.
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting