Jacksonville LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with Florida LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Jacksonville LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #35 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #55 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $40,140
LPNs employed: 2,790
Top Cities in Florida for LPNs: Orlando, Fort Meyers, Tampa Bay, Lakeland, Palm Bay, Jacksonville, Sarasota, Miami/Fort Lauderdale
Jacksonville’s LPNs make up 19% of nurses in the city. The Jacksonville LPN comfort score is 44 and ranks near the bottom of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Jacksonville is a much higher at 84.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Jacksonville LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 55th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Jacksonville LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the Florida State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Jacksonville
Jacksonville LPNs earn an average of $40,140 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 3.32% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the Florida State Board of Nursing at www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/index.html with any questions concerning the city of Jacksonville and the nursing profession.
In Jacksonville, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
Florida Community College at Jacksonville
4501 Capper Road North Campus C212
Jacksonville, FL 32218-4499
University of North Florida
4567 St Johns Bluff Road, South
Jacksonville, FL 32224-2673
University of Phoenix
8131 Baymeadows Circle West #101
Jacksonville, FL 32256
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Patient Care Technician
- And more...
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
About City College
Since 1984, City College, a private not-for-profit university, has been dedicated to providing a hands-on, practical and relevant college education to students in Florida and online. Our mission is to educate and train students in their chosen major, in preparation for employment in specific career fields. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult thinking about returning to college, or a military veteran seeking a new civilian career, the City College Office of Admissions will help you make the right choice for your unique situation and begin a rewarding new career.
We offer our students an atmosphere of caring and respect. At City College you’re not just a student, you’re family.
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting