Los Angeles LPN
Los Angeles LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with California LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Los Angeles LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #94 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #25 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $48,650
LPNs employed: 25,340
Top Cities in California for LPNs: Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Stockton, Ventural, Sacramento, Fresno, Riverside, Bakersfield
Los Angeles’s LPNs make up 24% of nurses in the city. The Los Angeles LPN comfort score is -2 and ranks in the bottom of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Los Angeles is a much higher at 59!
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Los Angeles LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 25th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Los Angeles LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the California State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Los Angeles
Los Angeles LPNs earn an average of $48,650 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 2.5% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the California State Board of Nursing at www.rn.ca.gov/ with any questions concerning the city of Los Angeles and the nursing profession.
In Los Angeles, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
California State University at Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032-8171
Casa Loma College
6850 Van Nuys Blvd. #318
Van Nuys, CA 91405
Los Angeles Trade-Technical College
400 W. Washington Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90015
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Doctor of Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- MSN Advanced Generalist (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online)
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- Flexible online course options - choose between 6-week and 12-week courses.
- Benefit from our 24/7 tech support, Writing Center, Career Services Center, and more.
- With 10 nursing courses required, you can complete this program in as little as 18 months.
- Complete course projects in your own workplace and community.
- Walden's RN-BSN Completion program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing (CCNE).
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) - General
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...