Los Angeles LPN
Los Angeles LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with California LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Los Angeles LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #94 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #25 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $48,650
LPNs employed: 25,340
Top Cities in California for LPNs: Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Stockton, Ventural, Sacramento, Fresno, Riverside, Bakersfield
Los Angeles’s LPNs make up 24% of nurses in the city. The Los Angeles LPN comfort score is -2 and ranks in the bottom of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Los Angeles is a much higher at 59!
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Los Angeles LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 25th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Los Angeles LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the California State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Los Angeles
Los Angeles LPNs earn an average of $48,650 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 2.5% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the California State Board of Nursing at www.rn.ca.gov/ with any questions concerning the city of Los Angeles and the nursing profession.
In Los Angeles, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
California State University at Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032-8171
Casa Loma College
6850 Van Nuys Blvd. #318
Van Nuys, CA 91405
Los Angeles Trade-Technical College
400 W. Washington Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90015
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- And more...
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences