Los Angeles LPN
Los Angeles LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with California LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Los Angeles LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #94 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #25 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $48,650
LPNs employed: 25,340
Top Cities in California for LPNs: Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Stockton, Ventural, Sacramento, Fresno, Riverside, Bakersfield
Los Angeles’s LPNs make up 24% of nurses in the city. The Los Angeles LPN comfort score is -2 and ranks in the bottom of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Los Angeles is a much higher at 59!
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Los Angeles LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 25th best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Los Angeles LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the California State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Los Angeles
Los Angeles LPNs earn an average of $48,650 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 2.5% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the California State Board of Nursing at www.rn.ca.gov/ with any questions concerning the city of Los Angeles and the nursing profession.
In Los Angeles, these schools offer nursing classes and nursing degrees.
California State University at Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032-8171
Casa Loma College
6850 Van Nuys Blvd. #318
Van Nuys, CA 91405
Los Angeles Trade-Technical College
400 W. Washington Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90015
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
Earn your degree online with Grand Canyon University. We offer approximately 100 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs that can be completed 100% online. Degree programs are available in the fields of education, nursing and health sciences, business, fine arts and production, and liberal arts.
- M.S. in Nursing: Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist with an Emphasis in Adult-Gerontology
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Clinical Nurse Specialist (Bridge)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Educational Leadership
- MS Nursing - Case Management
- MS Nursing - Infection Prevention and Control
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, research university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- And more...