Bakersfield LPN Schools, LPN Programs and LPN Salary Data
Interviews with California LPNs
Are you an LPN? We’d love to talk to you!
Alabama Nursing Interviews
We will be interviewing Alabama nurses for inclusion on LPN.com. If you are a nurse and would like to share your perspectives on nursing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Bakersfield LPN Stats:
Comfort Score Rank: #18 of 100
Benefit of RN Rank: #21 of 100
Avg. LPN Salary: $42,030
LPNs employed: 3,000
Top Cities in California for LPNs: Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Stockton, Ventural, Sacramento, Fresno, Riverside, Bakersfield
Bakersfield’s LPNs make up 48% of nurses in the city. The Bakersfield LPN comfort score is 55 and ranks near the top of the top 100 US cities. The RN comfort score in Bakersfield is a much higher at 155.
These scores indicate that it is a great benefit for a Bakersfield LPN to take the necessary steps to obtain an RN degree. It is estimated as the 21st best place to do this in the nation.
Checklist to become a Bakersfield LPN:
- Earn your LPN Degree, 1 year of courses and hands-on practice.
- Apply for licensure with the California State Board of Nursing. Have your school send your transcript to them as well
- Obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam
LPNs in Bakersfield
Bakersfield LPNs earn an average of $42,030 per year. The employment growth for the profession is estimated at 4.91% and will include hospital, home health, private practice and nursing home positions. Please contact the California State Board of Nursing at www.rn.ca.gov/ with any questions concerning the city of Bakersfield and the nursing profession.
A career as an LPN in this city can provide opportunities and security.
Unitek College – About Us
Unitek College™ is a privately held vocational school dedicated to helping you gain the skills needed to advance your career or begin a brand new career. Your training at Unitek College will position you to take advantage of the rising demand for experts in allied health, nursing, and technology professions. Our programs include Medical Assisting, Dental Assisting, Vocational Nursing, Practical Nursing (select locations,)and Bachelor of Science in Nursing: RN-to-BSN Degree Completion.
- Vocational Nursing
- Medical Assisting
- Earn your certificate in as little as 12 months!
- Learn skills like taking vital signs, draw blood, read lab results, phlebotomy/hematology techniques, ECG, patient care, and more.
- Receive post-graduation support from our career services team.
- Online classes for as long as needed during social distancing period
- Receive one-on-one guidance through our career services, which includes résumé writing, mock interviews, job placement, and networking events.
- Externship experience included within program.
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
At UEI College and United Education Institute, our supportive faculty and staff are committed to helping you build a life and a future you can be proud of! We have dedicated financial aid representatives who will meet with you one-on one-to help you explore your payment options. Tutoring is available for when you need extra help and once it’s time to look for jobs, a dedicated career services representative will help you with your resume, interview skills and employer connections!
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)